Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thoughts of Spring

Photo from Country Living Magazine's Facebook page



Yesterday, we received another 7 inches of snow, bringing our total to over 40 inches, which is the 4th snowiest winter on record.  Thankfully, we could prepare ahead of time.  Jeff brought home work so he could avoid the roads and work from home.  I had time to get food restocked.  All was cozy and warm on the home front.  

As I was reading our history lesson out loud yesterday, I came across this quote, and instantly I was transported to spring!  So, I thought I should write it here along with the cheery bouquet pictured above, to give us a little burst of spring.  

"When spring came, after that long hard winter, one could not get enough of the nimble air."  
~Willa Cather, My Antonia, 1918  

Just 42 days until spring! 

9 comments:

  1. Last year we had snow until June...I'm not counting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, no, I don't think that you should start your countdown to spring, just yet!

      Delete
  2. I'm counting the days too! I can't wait for some warmer weather. We got between 5 - 6 inches of snow the other day. Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm counting on another 2 months of snow here. In a week and a half I go to Manitoba for a week and there it's even colder and they have real blizzards. Hopefully none while I'm there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counting down the days too. Cannot wait to see flowers in bloom and bees a buzzing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you could all stock up before it hit. What a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So with you and everyone else...... counting down till spring... then come summer I will be wishing for fall n winter ....then the vicious cycle begins again.lol

    If u tried visiting my blog lately Ihad no idea I had it set to private.... alls fixed now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could not remember if I had visited this post or not...must be showing my age because I was already here! Oh well! Spring has to be close because I heard a Mocking Bird this morning and many other song birds. Cannot wait to see the beautiful cardinals back in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you could truck in your snow to our area. We are missing our snow days this year.

    ~Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails