Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wherein April Ends Happily

I picked a great title for this blog, because we sure are Busy at Home!  Since tax season ended, we have been really enjoying our family time again.  We got to take a recent Monday off, and took a day trip to a favorite park.  Here are some familiar scenes.




Then we had a nice visit with precious family later in the week.

Oh yes, Easter was fun, too.


 Grace made us a fun cake.  She saw it online and wanted to give it a try.



More Easter photos...




Jeff practicing his disc golf putting.  (You can't see the basket in this picture.) He and Ryan played in a disc golf tournament last week, 36 holes!  


A coffee drink for him, smoothie for her.

And, we have kept our lessons on track, too.  I am pleased to report we only need 14 more school days. The kids are currently in Florida with their grandparents, so we will finish lessons the end of May.

All in all, this has been a really good school year.  We have enjoyed United States History via Sonlight.  I am still thinking of what to study next year.  The next Sonlight core, church history, may not be right for us, but the literature is excellent, so I may just order that part.  I really need to make up my mind soon.

This week without kids just feels odd, but I know they are having the best ever time, something I could not give them right now, so hooray for them!!!  Until next time...
~Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Fun times,, the cake looks so beautiful. I know the struggle wiith kid trips, our oldest will take a trip across the country to meet grandparents this summer. Excited yet anxious all at the same time. But for the same reason you gave, it us something we could not give him right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to let go!!! This is a harder thing than I expected, but need to get used to.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendi. She had fun making it.

      Delete
  3. My Sis in law is an accountant. She has no kids, so celebrates the end of tax season with a cruise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you really have been very busy. What a lovely Easter you had, and what a pretty cake!

    It's hard when the kids are travelling, but I hope you will enjoy this time anyhow! And Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cake Grace made. Such talent! We are without kids a lot these days. Its odd but enjoyable also. There is great joy and blessing in our children. Happy May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds like good times. Grace is quite the baker, that cake looked beautiful. I hope you and Jeff and really enjoying yourselves while the kids are gone. What a fun time for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read the happy title! The cake is beautiful! May the month of May end happily, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice family memories, Jenn. Your daughter is a talented cake girl. But then she has some good teachers, doesn't she. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails