Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Wrap Up

 We are back from a great last camping trip before starting school.  We will still plan to go a couple more times.
 Grace bought herself a new guitar with her birthday money.  The house is alive with the sound of music!

  
My kitty is happy! 

Here we are in August!  We have started our homeschool year, on day 3 to be exact.  I always feel as if it is a big job to turn the tide from summer to school.  This year we have a 9th and 7th grader at home, and a 11th grader at public school.  

So far, the public schooler is doing very well.  Home scholars are also.  I am thankful for the good books we are digging into together.  This year we are studying the 20th century and classical literature.  

I miss my oldest quite a lot during the day.  Sometimes I watch his YouTube channel to hear his guitar playing.  However, I know I he is learning quite a lot and seems to be enjoying the opportunity.  I have been reaffirmed of our choice to homeschool, though.  The public schools are not very individualized.  

So, life is rolling along, and soon we will be back to our evening ministries.  I am not looking forward to the busy months ahead, but I know they are really short, because one day my kids will be gone and I will miss these busy days!  


9 comments:

  1. I am sure the eldest might be a bit home sick too, and looks forward to coming home. We like you know that not all homeschool/Public/private schooling is a one size fits all. Sissie will be back in school 11th grade and son is staying home... it will be 6/7 grade for him.. Beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good start to the school year and a fun way to end summer. Love the pictures and that's a nice guitar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I am still waiting for curriculum to arrive in the mail. I am in no way ready to begin, we are enjoying rain free days finally so no school unless it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I don't wanna wrap up the summer!(insert whine here)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be back in another week. The summer went by too quickly. Happy birthday to your daughter, her new guitar looks neat. :-) My son has started playing piano (keyboard) and has been enjoying it so far. Have a wonderful evening. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can't believe it's August already... summer sure flys (and winter drags). I enjoy seeing your pretty camping pictures! And can you believe it? Grace playing guitar? Glad she is finding things she enjoys. Are there any art opportunities for her on the horizon? And Giles certainly looks well-fed and happy, happy, happy. :) You're area certainly starts school early. It's pretty much been the day after Labor Day around here always. The schools tried to start earlier for a while, but I think there were too many complaints and it's back to after Labor Day (our state fair always runs through Labor Day). Glad you haven't given up on homeschooling totally (hugs). Have a great week/end my friend. (I replied to your comment at my post). Lots of Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so not ready to wrap up the summer break! The camping picture is beautiful -- I love seeing Father's hand in His beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog i found you thrue other bloggers...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, enjoy the start of school! I'm glad it is going well for you. We're studying in the summer, but are not at all ready to start 'real' school yet. Besides, we finally have warm weather, and really want to enjoy it.

    That looks like a beautiful guitar! Miss 11 plays an old fashioned one and has been asking for a new one, but she'll still be using this one for a good many more years.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails